Sunday, October 20, 2013

10.20.13

Lectio: Lk 12.13-21   

Meditatio:”Then he  [Jesus] said to the crowd, ‘Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions’.” Lk 12. 15

Oratio: O God, You know how easy it is for our hearts to be divided and You warned us about this.
|
I remember Jesus declared to the crowd to avoid against all greed for He knew our hearts would place our trust in things rather than in Him and it would not profit us in the end!

Grant that I may pray always avoid greed in all its form; and seek the grace to trust in God so that all my actions my be pleasing to Him; and that all my thoughts and desires may also be in harmony with Him for then all that I am and all that I may be will profit me at my end.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "greed...life... not... possessions”; an acquistive spirit is the basis of greed and undermines our trust in God; in prayer seek the grace to trust God in small things and not just in big things for trust in the foundation of faith and a faith that is active is what will profit us in the end.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 12.35-38 

No comments:

Post a Comment