Sunday, October 27, 2013

10.27.13


Lectio:  Lk 6.12-16                                                                                       

Meditatio:”In those days he [Jesus] departed the to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to God.” Lk 6.12

Oratio: O God, You have are so accessible to us but we have to turn to You in prayer.
|
I remember Jesus, Your Son, showed us the importance of prayer for He often spent the night in prayer and especially before important undertakings such as selecting the 12 Apostles.

Grant that I may be ever mindful of the importance that Jesus placed on prayer and pray always for all those who are near and dear to me and for all those whom I am called to serve.
\
I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "pray...spent night”; lifting up your heart and mind to God is the essence of prayer; Jesus spent the whole night in prayer showing us its importance. Grant that I may have the grace to always pray the Morning Offering so that my whole life that day becomes a prayer and God will be pleased with His child.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 13.18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment