Friday, October 25, 2013

10.25.13



Lectio:   Lk 13.1-9                                                                 

Meditatio:”He said to them in reply, ‘Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the future. If not, you can cut it down’.” Lk 13. 8-9

Oratio: O God, You are so patient with us; yet we often procrastinate to Your call that we reform our lives.
|
I remember Jesus told a parable about a barren fig tree that was given ample time to produce but did not; yes  the gardener persuaded the owner to give it one more chance to bear fruit and he would do his best to see that it did - so much like You who call and continues to call and continues to give us more time so that we will not perish - BUT we can’t procrastinate forever or we will be the big losers.

Grant that I may use Your gift of grace to me and do what You want of me so that my life bears the fruit of selfless love that You so much desire.            
\
I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "bear fruit...cut..down”; the point of the parable is that we are given ample time to reform and often a final opportunity; but if we don’t respond, we will perish like the 18  in Siloam who perished when a tower fell upon them. In prayer seek the grace to reform my life so that not matter what physical disaster may fall upon me, it will not be fatal to my immortal soul.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 18.9-14                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment