Saturday, October 12, 2013

10.12.13

Lectio: Lk k 17: 11-19
           
Meditatio:"And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him.  He was a Samaritan." Lk 17.15,16

Oratio: O God, You so much want us to be grateful!

I remember Jesus not only confirmed the healing of the leper who was a Samaritan, but He also granted him salvation because he expressed his gratitude.

Grant that I may always have a grateful heart for You have given me so much but most of all - faith!

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "thanked ... Samaritan"; 10 were healed - 9 Jews and 1 foreigner; the gratitude of the one showed that Jesus had come to save all; what a blessing! In prayer seek the grace of gratitude for my many blessings; may I never take my gifts for granted but use them to serve The Lord.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 11.29-32                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment