Wednesday, October 9, 2013

10.09.13


Lectio:  Lk  11:5-13                                                                                  
                     
Meditatio: “And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Lk 11:9

Oratio: O God, You want us to come to you in prayer and ask for what we truly need.

I remember Jesus made it clear that we should pray and persist in it.

Grant that I may pray with confidence knowing that You always listen and give me what I truly need and when I  need it.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "ask...seek...knock"; words of persistence; we must persist in prayer and ask for all things in accord with God's will and be content how God answers and when He answers knowing He loves us.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 11.15-26   

No comments:

Post a Comment