Friday, October 18, 2013

10.18.13



Lectio: Lk 12.8-12  

 Meditatio:”I  [Jesus] tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God.” Lk 12.8

Oratio: O God, You ask so little of us; but You do require that we at least show others that we believe in You and accept You as our God and Savior.
|
I remember Jesus made this clear when He told the crowd who were following Him that if they acknowledge Him, He would acknowledge them before the angels of God - what a boon for so little on our part!

Grant that I may always proclaim that Jesus is my Lord, my God, my All; and then show my sincerity by living a life that reflects that acknowledgment.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "acknowledge .... angels of God”; to affirm a truth; THE truth is that Jesus is our God and  our Savior; angels are God’s messengers ; they will take our acknowledgment before the eternal God Head. In prayer thank Jesus for coming as the Son of Man and the Son of God for our salvation and always give Him thanks and praise through the lives we live.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 18-1-8                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment