Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10.16.13



Lectio: Lk 11.47-54

Meditatio:"Woe to you, scholars of the law! You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter." Lk 11.52

Oratio: O God, You give us knowledge so that others will come to know through us.
|
I remember Jesus upbraided the scholars of the law because they not only failed to use their knowledge for their own salvation but they did not use it for others.

Grant that I may always use the gifts God gives me for my salvation and for the good of others.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "Woe...scholars”; Jesus’ castigated the lawyers for their failure to use their knowledge for their good and for the good if others. In prayer seek the grace to be ever mindful of my gifts and use them for the purpose they were given to me by God.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 10.1-9  

No comments:

Post a Comment