Thursday, October 24, 2013

10.24.13



Lectio:   Lk 12.54-59                                                    

Meditatio:”You hypocrites!  You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky; why do you not know how to interpret the present time?” Lk 12.56

Oratio: O God, You give us the ability to discern;  yet we don’t always use it as we should.    
|
I remember Jesus told the crowd of His disappointment that they could interpret weather and the like but could not interpret the signs, the miracles He was working, as to their meaning - a clear sign that they should accept His message - the kingdom of God is at hand! Reform your lives!    

Grant that I may use Your gift to me of my intellect and discern with the eyes of faith the truths that You have revealed and proclaim through the Church.
\
I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "interpret...present time”; discern its meaning; the ‘present time’ was the time  of the Messiah but the religious leaders failed to discern His signs, His miracles for what they meant and they failed to reform. In prayer, ask for the grace of humility and discernment so that the signs of Jesus’ presence, as He is in many ways, will not be misunderstood by me and that I may respond to His presence and do what He wants of me.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 13.1-9     

No comments:

Post a Comment