Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10.23.13



Lectio:   Lk 12.49-53                                        

Meditatio:”Do you think that I [Jesus] have come to establish peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.” Lk 12.51

Oratio: O God, You are the source of Peace -  yet Your Son’s coming is a source of division.
|
I remember Jesus declared very clearly He would be a source of division even within families. Why? Because many would not accept His call to reform and to live in accord with His message. 

Grant that I may readily accept Jesus’ call to reform and to live in accord with the Great Law of Love - for only then will I experience true Peace - Jesus alive and active in my heart.
\
I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "peace...division”; Jesus is the Prince of Peace; yet His coming causes division because many prefer their way and reject His way which is the way of Peace. In prayer seek the grace to be always responsive to Jesus’ way so that I may be an instrument of His peace rather than a cause of division.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 12.54-59   

No comments:

Post a Comment