Saturday, October 19, 2013

10.19.13



Lectio: Lk 18.1-8   

 Meditatio:”I  [Jesus] tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” Lk 18.8

Oratio: O God, You so much want us to come to you and seek our needs and Your love.
|
I remember Jesus made this clear when He told a parable about a widow who persisted in asking a reluctant judge to render a just decision for her and he finally did; and Jesus wants us to persist in prayer not only for what we truly need but also so that we keep the faith.

Grant that I may pray always knowing that You always listen and will grant me what I truly need but on Your timetable and knowing, too,  that by persisting in prayer I will be strengthening my faith, a faith  that Jesus so much wants of all of us when He comes again.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect: "Son of Man...find faith”; Jesus fears that we might lose our faith and apostasy if we fail to persist in prayer; in prayer seek the grace to pray always and do so especially by saying the Morning Offering so that everything I do throughout the day is a prayer and it will help me to increase my faith.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 6.12-16   

No comments:

Post a Comment