Saturday, October 5, 2013

10.05.13



Lectio:  Lk 17.5-10                                                             
                     
Meditatio: “So should it be with you. When you have done all you have been commanded, say: ‘We are unprofitable servants; we have done what we were obliged to do’.” Lk 17.10

Oratio: O God, Your ways are not our ways.                              

I remember Jesus told His disciples not to expect any reward for doing their duty; yet that is our natural instinct that a reward should be given when we do our duty. What are we to make  of this?                                        

Grant that I may be ever mindful that I cannot duty so well as to place God in my debt but wonderfully, He gives me more than I could ever earn - His mercy and forgiveness!

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "done...commanded...unprofitable servants”; a stark reminder that we have a duty to God and to others because of all the good that  God has and continues to do to enrich us as children; in prayer seek the grace to always show my gratitude to God by doing my duty to Him and to others for they are my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 10. 25-37      

No comments:

Post a Comment