Saturday, December 4, 2010

12/04/10

Lectio: Mt 3.1-12

Meditatio: “Produce good fruits as evidence of your repentance.”Mt 3.8

Oratio: "O God, You give us this life as a gift but You expect us to use it if we wish to have the gift of eternal life.

I remember John the Bapist, the precursor of Jesus, made it clear when he told the crowds to ‘produce good fruits as evidence of (their)
repentance’.”

Grant that people may know that I am a Christian by my love expressed in good works.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect today on how I express sorrow for my sins. Resolve to do a good work that is the opposite of the sin I commit as a true and effective sign of my repentance.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 5.17-26

No comments:

Post a Comment