Friday, December 10, 2010

12/09/10

Lectio: Mt 11.16-19

Meditatio: “To what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another.” Mt 11.16

Oratio: "O God, we are a perverse but You are so patient with us.
I remember Jesus compared us to children sitting and calling to one another to play and they would not and they simply were being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Grant that I may set aside my childish behavior and relate to You as a grown child.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my relationship with You and with others. Do I reflect Christ in me? How? Could I do it better.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 17.9a, 10-13

12/10/10

Lectio: Mt 17.9a, 10-13

Meditatio: “He (Jesus) said in reply, ‘Elijah will indeed come and restore all things’.”
Mt 17.11

Oratio: "O God, You make known what is important for us even if it veiled and not readily recognized by us.

I remember Jesus pointed out to His disciples that Elijah had indeed come in the person of John the Baptist and he is the Elijah foretold in scripture.
Grant that I may always read scripture as God’s word and seek His meaning and not mine.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how John, the Baptist, of the New Testament, is the Elijah foretold in the Old Testament.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 11.2-11

No comments:

Post a Comment