Thursday, December 16, 2010

12/15/10

Lectio: Lk 7.24-30

Meditatio: “All the people who listened, including tax collectors, and who were baptized with the baptism of John, acknowledged the righteousness of God.” Lk 7.29

Oratio: "O God, listening to what is said about You and acting on what is heard is the way we acknowledge You.

I remember Jesus said this of those who responded to John the Baptist and were baptized.
Grant that I may attentively listen to the proclaimed words of scripture and act upon them.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.


Operatio: Reflect on how I acknowledge the righteousness of God. Coule I have done it in a way that would have given greater glory to God? Is so, resolve to do so in the future.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 1.1-17

12/16/10

Lectio: Mt 1.1-17

Meditatio: “Salmon the father of Boaz whose mother was Rahab. Boaz became the father of Obed whose mother was Ruth. Obed became the father of Jesse. Jesse the father of David” Mt 1.5, 6a

Oratio: "O God, You knew men would dominate in society but made sure that women would be the heart.

I remember Jesus’ family tree included five women, four of whom were foreigners - a complete surprise to have them acknowledged in His genealogy for inheritance was only true the male - but a wonderful message for all; i.e., women play an important role in salvation history and salvation was for all.

Grant that I may attentively listen to the proclaimed words of scripture and act upon them.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude towards women - Do I give them the respect and honor they are due? May I always remember their souls, like Mary’s, proclaim the greatness of the Lord and like Mary, they are very important in God’s plans

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 1.18-25

No comments:

Post a Comment