Friday, December 31, 2010

12/31/10

Lectio: Lk 2.16-21

Meditatio: “and Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart.”Lk 2.19
Oratio: "O God, You gave all of us the wonderful gift of an intellect which allows us to reason and reflect.

I remember Mary reflected on all the events surrounding the birth of Jesus and her reflections would be a source of lasting joy for her.

Grant that I may use my intellect and reflect on the various ways You, Your Son and Your Spirit have drawn near so that I, too, may have lasting joy.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the various ways the three persons of the Trinity have manifested themselves and tuck these reflections away in my mind and visit them from time to time so that I may be filled with joy and know how wonderfully I have been blest.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 2.1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment