Saturday, December 18, 2010

12/18/10

Lectio: Mt 1.18-24

Meditatio: “Such was his intentions when, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary into your home . For it is through the holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her’.” Mt 1.20

Oratio: "O God, even in our darkest moments You show us the way if we are open to You.

I remember Joseph was ready to quietly divorce Mary because she was with child from someone else l- and he did not because he acted on Your command to take her into his home even though he did not understand the role of the holy Spirit.

Grant that I may be open to Your words in my struggle as St. Joseph was.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I hear God’s words and through whom and how well I do at discerning God’s will in my struggles.
Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 1.26-38

No comments:

Post a Comment