Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/21/10

Lectio: Lk 1.46-56

Meditatio: “Mary remained with her [Elizabeth] about three months and returned to her home.” Lk 1.56

Oratio: "O God, You treat us most generously and care for us with compassion.
I remember Mary showed the same generous spirit and compassionate care for her cousin, Elizabeth, by being there for her during her last three months of Elizabeth’s pregancy.
Grant that I may imitate Mary and when I visit someone in need, may I give generously of my time and talents for them.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my outreach spirit to others. Is it perfunctory? Or is it generous and compassionate? Resolve to strive for the latter.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 1.57-66

No comments:

Post a Comment