Monday, July 4, 2011

7.04.11

Lectio: Mt 9.32-38

“Jesus went around to all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and curing every disease and illness.” Mt 9.35

"O God, You know us and our needs and You respond to us and sometimes even spectacularly.

I remember Jesus visited all the towns and villages in Galilee and preached the good news and healed the sick through the power of His word.

Grant that I may be ever grateful for God’s providential care of me which He gives me everyday through those who have allowed Him to use them as His instruments.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on Divine Providence - Who especially in my life is Jesus’ hands, His feet, His touch, His smile for me? What about undeserved suffering? Resolve not to let the unanswerable questions of life distract and deter me from acknowledging the compassionate care that God shows me through others and which is so clearly manifested in the planet He provided for all of us.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 10.1-7

P.S. Happy Fourth of July! What a gift God has given us in this land of the free! Thank Him today for our founding fathers and for all who have worked and died to keep us free since July 4, 1776.

No comments:

Post a Comment