Friday, July 1, 2011

7.01.11

Lectio: Lk 2.41-51

“He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them, and his mother kept all these things in her heart.” Lk 2. 51

"O God, You want us to know how much You love us and how we are to love You.
I remember You gave us Your Son’s mother heart to reveal to us Your Son’s early life for us and how we are to act as Your children.

Grant that I may always emulate the love Mary’s heart reveals and do Your will.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on Mary’s heart - Obedient to God’s will defines it - Submitting one’s will to another’s for the good of the other is the essence of love. Pray to see that obedience does not mean servitude but love and resolve to be obedient to all whom I am subject and especially to my God.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 11.25-30

No comments:

Post a Comment