Saturday, July 23, 2011

7.23.11

Lectio: Mt 13.44-52

“Again the kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind.” Mt 13.47

"O God, You want all to return to You and be with You.
I remember Jesus told a parable that likened Your kingdom to a fish net which collects all kinds of fish - making it clear the universality of Your kingdom here on earth- but the continuation of the parable makes it also clear that only those who strive to be good will be part of Your kingdom forever.

Grant that I may always strive to do Your will so that I may be gathered into Your loving arms at the end of my time in Your earthly kingdom.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “the net full of fish” - what can I do to insure it is a catch filled with good fish for that is what God wants? Resolve to do what I can to help change the DNA of the bad fish to DNA of good fish so that all whose lives I touch may live as true children of God here in His kingdom on earth.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 20.20-28

No comments:

Post a Comment