Thursday, July 28, 2011

7.28.11

Lectio: Jn 11.19-27

“And everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” Jn 11.26
"O God, death is our major enemy but You have provided a wonderful remedy for our fear.

I remember Jesus declared that those who live and believe in Him will never die - wow!

Grant that I may always have the gift of faith so as to live in You as I ought.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “never die” - through baptism I became God’s child and I was given divine life and immortality for to live forever is one of the characteristic of divinity - But I retained my free will and I can live as a child of God and death will simply be a blip in my history and mark the beginning of enjoying the fullness of life with You. Pray always for the grace to be faithful to Christ and His ways so that death will be what You intended it to be - the door to Your eternal kingdom.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 14.13-21

No comments:

Post a Comment