Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7.19.11

Lectio: Mt 13.1-9

“But some fell on rich soil, and produced fruit a hundredfold or sixtyfold or thirtyfold.” Mt 13.8

"O God, You expect us to respond to Your ways and in a pro-active manner.
I remember Jesus said that His word should produce in us much fruit if we are open to Him.

Grant that I may be always keep the soil of my soul rich and produce the results that Jesus wants and deserves from me.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “rich soil” of my soul - How do I best fertilize my soul? Frequent reception of the Eucharist and Reconciliation and doing the ascetical practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving are the tried and true ways. Resolve to make these a permanent part of my spirituality.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 13.10-17

No comments:

Post a Comment