Sunday, July 24, 2011

7.24.11

Lectio: Mt 20.20-28

“But it shall not be so among you. Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant.” Mt 20.26

"O God, You want us to achieve and use the talents You gave us to become great and You gave us a simple but profound way.

I remember Jesus told the sons of Zebedee that to be great means to serve others - which we all can do.

Grant that I may always embrace the ministry of service for therein lies my fulfillment.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “the ministry of service” - How well do I do it? How well do I embrace it? Do I see that my greatness lies in it? In prayer thank God for calling me to serve others.
Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 13.36-43

No comments:

Post a Comment