Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7.05.11

Lectio: Mt 10.1-78

“As you go, make this proclamation,’The kingdom of heaven is at hand’.” Mt 10.7
"O God, You know how slow we are to accept good news even when it is for our benefit.

I remember Your Son sent His 12 closest disciples to the people of Israel to proclaim the kingdom of heaven is at hand and He gave them miraculous powers to show their credibility - but we all know the tragic ending of Your Son’s life.

Grant that I may be more open to people and less incredulous for they may be the very ones You have sent for my benefit.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on my faith in people - What criteria do I use as a condition precedent to accepting what they say? Are they too rigid? Pray for an open mind and a non-judgmental attitude towards all who impact on my life.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 10.7-15

No comments:

Post a Comment