Monday, July 18, 2011

7.18.11

Lectio: Mt 12.46-50

“For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, my sister, and my mother.” Mt 12.50

"O God, You desire all to have a close relationship to You and so You invite us to be members of Your family.

I remember Jesus said that if we do Your will, we are as close as a brother, a sister, a mother to Him and by implication very close to You - what a privilege!

Grant that I may be always do Your will so as to remain a member of your family as a good member.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on what it means to be a member of Jesus’ family - Do you relate to Him as a brother? Why? If you don’t, why not? Resolve with God’s grace to do God’s will always so as to remain a member of Jesus’ family and privileged to enjoy a familial relationship with Him and the rest of His family.
Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 13.1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment