Thursday, July 14, 2011

7.14.11

Lectio: Mt 12.1-8

“If you knew what it meant, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned these innocent men.” Mt 12.7

"O God, You know that at times we will have to make choices where there are conflicts in our duties and You have provided us with clear guidance.

I remember Jesus said that moral conflicts are resolved by remembering You want mercy and not sacrifice.

Grant that I may always let love of the person I see be my guide as the best way of serving You whom I do not see.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “mercy.” Its heart is love. It cannot be demanded. It is not a duty. But it is certainly is the best guide in resolving conflicts in moral choices. Resole to not only to let mercy be my guide but practice it at all times.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 12.14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment