Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8.07.13

Mt 16 13-23

Meditatio: “He (Jesus) said to them, 'But who do you say that I am'?" Mt 16.15

Oratio: O God, You revealed Your Son to us in His words, His deeds, but it is up to each of to answer who Jesus is for us?

I remember Jesus asked this question of His disciples and Peter answered that Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of God.

Grant that I may always accept the clear revelation that Jesus is indeed the Son of God and my Lird and Savior and brother and that I put into action His commandments for that is the best way to show my belief.

 I ask all these things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "I am;" these two words when standing alone convey  "God "for the Jewish people and they convey the same for me as I answer the question who Jesus is for me.
In prayer seek the grace to listen to Jesus’ message and put it into practice for it is the best evidence that I accept Him as my Lord and Savior.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 19.3-12

No comments:

Post a Comment