Friday, August 23, 2013

8.23.13

Lectio: Jn 1.45-51                                          

Meditatio: “Nathaniel [Bartholomew] answered him [Jesus],‘ Rabbi, you are the son of God; your are the king of Israel’.” Jn 1.49

Oratio: O God, what graces You shower on us!                     

I remember when Nathaniel first met Jesus, he declared that Jesus was the Messiah merely because Jesus said He saw Nathaniel under a fig tree before he came to Him through Philip.

Grant that I may always place my trust in You because You love me and only want what is best for my long term good and You will give me the grace to accept Your will. I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "king...Israel"; a Messianic description; reinforced by Nathaniel’s first declaring that Jesus is the son of God - what an insight! In prayer seek the grace to know God, to love God and to serve Him for He is my hope and my salvation.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 13.22-30

No comments:

Post a Comment