Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8.27.13

8.27.13

Lectio:  Mt 23.27-32                                                                

Meditatio: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You are like whitewashed tombs; which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every kind of filth.” Mt 23.27

Oratio: O God, You decry those who are not person’s of integrity.

I remember Jesus declared the Pharisees and scribes hypocrites because they only pretended to be good and He compared to them whitewashed tombs!

Grant that I may be a person of integrity so that what people see of me externally is consistent with what I am at the core of my being. I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "hypocrites....tombs”; a person who puts on an act and conceals who he or she really is; whitewashed tombs are so apt a comparison. In prayer seek the grace to be a person in what You see, is what I am for that is what God desires all of us to be.

Tomorrow's reading: Mk 6.17-29

No comments:

Post a Comment