Thursday, August 22, 2013

8.22.13



Lectio: Mt 22.33-40

Meditatio: “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Mt 22.36

Oratio: O God, You made it so easy for us to know Your will.

I remember Jesus told the greatest commandment is to love You and the second is to love our neighbors as ourselves and all that was revealed by the prophets and the law depend on these twin cornerstone - how simple! How profound!

Grant that I may love always in the manner You desire for this is all I ask of You for I know that this is pleasing to You.   I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "commandment...greatest"; LOVE - God above all and all others as self; In prayer thank God for providing such an easy way to know Him and then to love and to serve Him and for the grace to love as I ought.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 1.45-51

No comments:

Post a Comment