Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8.14.13



Lectio: Lk 1.39-56

Meditatio: “The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name." Lk1.49

Oratio: O God, grace is what You offer to us and its effect is if we accept it and do what You wish.

I remember Mary in her Magnificat got it right for she acknowledged that it was You who did the great things that she accomplished and would accomplish.

Grant that I may be open to the graces You offer to me, and in prayer seek to do Your will and I will achieve my great destiny - resurrected life with You for all eternity.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "Mighty One....done...for me"; God is the One who bestows favor - grace- and we accomplish what He wants if we accept His grace. In prayer thank God for His loving care and do what He asks of us and His name will be Holy and we will be glorified.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 19.2-12

P.S. tomorrow is the feast of the Assumption and a holyday of obligation. In your prayers tomorrow be sure to thank Mary, your mother through grace, for her loving care that she has for you

No comments:

Post a Comment