Friday, August 30, 2013

8.30.13



Lectio:  Mt 25.14-30                                                                

Meditatio: “so out of fear I went off and buried your talent in the ground. Here it is back.”
Mt 25.25

Oratio: O God, You only ask of us what we are capable of doing - those with much talent, you expect much, those with little talent, you expect less.

I remember Jesus made this clear in the Parable of the Talents. And He made it clear, that  doing nothing with the talent we are given, is not acceptable - even if our doing nothing was motivated out of feat.

Grant that I may use the talent God gave me for the purpose He gave it to me and may I always be guided by the Great Law of Love in using whatever talent(s) I have. I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "fear ...buried”; fear is not an excuse for failing to use the talent(s) God gives us and simply keeping it safe by burying it; that is, by not using it, is never acceptable. In prayer ask for the grace to use what the Lord has given me and use it for the purpose He wants; and may fear be kept at bay, so that I may serve Him with my talent(s) as He wants.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk14.25-33 

No comments:

Post a Comment