Thursday, August 8, 2013

8.08.13



Mt 16.24-28

Meditatio: “What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Mt 16.26a

Oratio: O God, You are most solicitous for our long term well being.

I remember Jesus admonished His disciples telling them that it would not profit them if they gained everything in this life but lost their souls.

Grant that I may always be alert to the dangers of ambitions and to keep my desires for things of this life for what they were designed; that is for my and others welfare but not as an end in themselves.        

 I ask all these things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "gain...forfeit”; attain wealth but give up eternal wealth; in prayer seek the grace to listen to Jesus’ admonition about ambition and possessions and use my possessions for my and others needs and Jesus will be pleased.

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 12.24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment