Tuesday, August 13, 2013

8.13.13


Lectio:  Mt 18.15-20                                                                        

Meditatio: “For where two or three are gathered in my [Jesus] name, there am I in the midst of them.” Mt 18.20

Oratio: O God, how You care for us.                                   

I remember Jesus promised that when ever two or more gather in His name, He is there for them!

Grant that I may always remember that in my pain, in my sorrow, in my need that Jesus will be there for me if I simply gather with at least one other in His name and have recourse to Him - He doesn’t promise to take away our pain or our sorrow, but He will be present to us in them and He will share in it with us..

 I ask all these things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "gathered...my name”; two or more coming together in prayer; result - Jesus is there with us; and He will help us to deal with what is ever troubling us for He is our  refuge and strong support. in prayer ask for the grace to always remember Jesus promise to be with us if we simply gather in His name and be sure to expressly mention Him when we do so; and Jesus will be there for us for He is always faithful.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 1.39-56       

No comments:

Post a Comment