Saturday, August 24, 2013

8.24.13



Lectio:  Lk 13.22-30                                                    

Meditatio: “Someone asked him [Jesus], ‘Lord, will only a few be saved’?” Lk 13.23a

Oratio: O God, You desire all to be saved but we must accept Your invite and strive to live in accordance with Your will.

I remember Jesus was asked the question as to whether only a few be saved, and He did not answer it but instead urged that we strive to enter through the narrow gate and He also said that simply because we knew Him, even having eaten with Him, will not be enough.

Grant that I may never be presumptions that I will share in God’s kingdom, but also realize it is not something I earn but a great, great gift from God, and show my gratitude by living the way God wants me to live; namely, in accordance with the great Law of Love. I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "a few saved?"; a question Jesus did not answer; but He urged that we strive to enter through the narrow gate - living a life of selfless love; and God will gift you with a place in the kingdom. In prayer seek the grace to keep in focus the narrow gate as the path to travel and with God’s grace travel it; and one day God will gift me with a place in His kingdom.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 23.13-22

No comments:

Post a Comment