Thursday, August 29, 2013

8.29.13

8.29.13

Lectio:  Mt 25.1-13                                                                 

Meditatio: “Therefore, stay awake; for you do not know the day nor the hour.” Mt 25.13

Oratio: O God, You so much want us to come to Your kingdom!           

I remember Your Son told a parable about ten virgins - five wise and five foolish - and the importance of being prepared to enter the kingdom but sadly we do not always heed.

Grant that I may live each day as though it were my last on this earth and be prepared to leave when I am called. I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "stay awake”; a command of Jesus that we remain always prepared for our entry into eternal life and not simply a command to do without sleep; in prayer ask for the grace to do always what the Lord asks or wants of me; and then place my trust in Him for He alone has the words of eternal life.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 25.14-30

No comments:

Post a Comment