Friday, August 9, 2013

8.09.13




Lectio: Jn 12.24-26               

Meditatio: “The Father will honor whoever serves me.” Jn 12.26b                                         

Oratio: O God, You are so kind to us for so little we do.             

I remember Jesus told His disciples that if they simply serve Him, that is do His will freely, that You will honor them and  with eternal life of blessedness.

Grant that I may always willingly do what Jesus wants of me for in doing so I will attain my heart’s deepest longing - heaven!

 I ask all these things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "serves me”; doing Jesus’ will; not under constraint but freely; as a sibling of His and not as a hired hand. In prayer seek the grace of humble obedience to the Will of God in all things for that will attain my lasting good and a pure gift in return.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 12.32-48    

No comments:

Post a Comment