Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9.04.13


Lectio:  Lk 5:1-11                                                                                                           

Meditatio: “ After he (Jesus) had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into the deep and lower your nets for a catch'." Lk 5.4

Oratio: O God, how You seek us!

I remember Jesus told Peter to put out into the deep waters, and he did and he caught an enormous amount of fish even though Peter had been fishing all night and caught nothing!

Grant that I may realize when I am being asked to put out in the deep to catch souls and do so even though I feel it will be useless for God alone knows the depths of the hearts.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "deep....catch"; a place of potential - danger -fruitful; The Lord knows where the seeds have been sown and fishers and farmers are needed to nurture the growth and bring in the harvest; may I accept the grace to do my part to bring about the desired harvest and go wherever God prompts me.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 5:33-39

No comments:

Post a Comment