Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9.10.13



Lectio:  Lk 6.20-26                                                                                                       

Meditatio: “And raising his [Jesus} eyes toward his disciples he said,
                      ‘Blessed are you who are poor, for the kingdom of God is yours’.” Lk 6.20

Oratio: O God, Your Son showed very clearly His and Your concern for the poor.

I remember not only did He announce when He began His public ministry that He had come to proclaim a year of favor for the poor; but in His Sermon on the Mount which He opened with the Beatitudes, the first one’s mentioned are the poor - and His blessing was for all who are poor - economically as well as spiritually.

Grant that I always strive to be poor in spirit for all that I have is a blessing and none of what I have can I hold onto; but I can always hold onto a blessing from You and it is the only wealth which lasts.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
 God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "Blessed...poor”; a state of happiness; poor - a state of economic distress; a blessing for those who suffered economically as well as those who our spiritually poor; and may I always use rightly material goods that come into my possession or control knowing they are means and not ends and that only the blessing of the Lord is everlasting.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 6.27-38            

No comments:

Post a Comment