Saturday, September 7, 2013

9.07.13



Lectio:  Lk 14.25-33                                                                                                         

Meditatio: “In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.” Lk 14.33  

Oratio: O God, Your Son made it very clear what the requirements of discipleship are - a total commitment to Him!

I remember Luke recorded a very hard saying of Jesus regarding the demands of being a follower - no one, father, mother, wife, children, brother or sister - can come before Jesus.

Grant that I may always keep my priorities straight -  God, others and then self so that I may begin to meet the requirements of being a follower of Jesus who is my life, my love, my source of all that is good.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
 God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "renounce all”; give up and no longer consider my possessions - mine so that Jesus has first claim on me before even  my family. In prayer may I have the grace and accept the grace to follow Jesus more nearly, know Him more clearly, and love Him more dearly, day by day and I will begin to meet the demands of discipleship which I so much desire to do His will.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 6.6-11                   

No comments:

Post a Comment