Thursday, September 12, 2013

9.12.13


Lectio: Lk 6.39-42

Meditatio: “No disciple is superior to his teacher, but when fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher.” Lk 6. 40

Oratio: O God, Your Son gave us radical teachings for His day - love your enemies, lend without expecting repayment, the Golden Rule - and He also gave us a the help to live them - among other help, His disciples.

I remember He declared that every disciple will be like his teacher when they are fully trained - and down through the ages His disciples have been trained so that His followers will know and be guided in the ways of truth.

Grant that I always strive to impart to  others the truths in which I have been trained, so that they too may become true brothers and sisters of the Lord.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "trained...like teacher”; a disciple is taught by His master and learns well the truths but he always remains a student who is called to teach others; grant that I may always have the grace to remember the truths in which I have been trained so that I can impart them to those whose lives I touch and who are seeking the right path so that they my be blest..

Tomorrow's reading: Jn 3.13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment