Sunday, September 15, 2013

9.15.13

9/15/13

Lectio: Lk 7.1-10 

Meditatio: “Therefore, I [the centurion] did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed.” Lk 7.7      

Oratio: O God, You know our innate goodness and You respond to those who seek You.

I remember Jesus healed the servant of the centurion (a Gentile) because the centurion’s faith in Jesus even though he was not a follower and Jesus did so by word alone.

Grant that may always have recourse to Jesus in my need knowing that if my desires are in accordance with His will, He will answer me as He answered the centurion.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "not...worthy; word...healed”; none of us is worthy but that does not matter to Jesus, if we approach Him with the faith of the Centurion, He will act on our behalf and respond with what He knows is best; in prayer seek the grace to always go prayer with the faith of the centurion and allow Jesus to answer them as He knows best and on His timetable.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 7.11-17 

No comments:

Post a Comment