Friday, September 27, 2013

9.27.13

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 9.43b-45          





Lectio:  Lk 9.43b-45                           

Meditatio: “Pay attention to what I am telling you. The Son of Man is to be handed over to men.” Lk 9.44    

Oratio: O God, at times even the obvious is not obvious to us!                                 

I remember Jesus predicted His passion very clearly saying that He would be handed over to men, but we are told His disciples did not understand it.

Grant that I may be open to what You reveal to me and not let my desires determine Your message.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "Pay attention...handed over”; Jesus predicted His passion and yet, His disciples heard but did not hear; why? Perhaps because they had their own view of the future for Jesus and one of glory and not one of failure; in prayer seek to be open to what God wishes to reveal to me and not what I simply want God to do for me.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 16.19-3

No comments:

Post a Comment