Saturday, September 14, 2013

9/14/13


Lectio: Lk 15.1-32

Meditatio: “In just the same way, I [Jesus] tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”Jn15.10     

Oratio: O God, You know we are often morally weak and often lose our Way - yet You continually seek us.

I remember Jesus told two parables - one about a lost coin and the other about a lost sheep - and the underlying message was that He had come for sinners and there will be great rejoicing when they are found and return to the right way.

Grant that might heart and mind may be always open to You and that I may have the grace to hear Your voice if I become lost through sin so that I may return to You and be part of Your fold.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "rejoicing...one sinner repents”; the message of Jesus’ parables about the Lost Coin and the Lost Sheep for He seeks the lost - the sinners - and great rejoicing occurs in heaven because of their return to the fold; in prayer seek the grace to always listen to the voice of Jesus and for the grace of repentance if I should sin, so that I may once again be part of His flock.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 7.1-10  

No comments:

Post a Comment