Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9.24.13




Lectio:  Lk 9.1-6                              

Meditatio: “He [Jesus] said to them, ‘Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic’.” Lk 9.3

Oratio: O God, You want us to rely entirely upon You in doing Your will.

I remember Jesus instructed the Twelve when He sent them out on their missions to take nothing with them - in short to rely strictly on God to provide through others when doing His work.

Grant that I may always strive to utterly detached from reliance on my talents and my treasure in serving You and rely strictly on You to see me through Your mission for me.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "take nothing”; absolute reliance on those to whom you are sent by God to provide for your temporal needs; in prayer seek the grace of detachment which is not easy but which gives great honor and glory to God when  we totally trust Him and not ourselves to accomplish His mission using us as His instruments.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 9.7-9             

No comments:

Post a Comment