Sunday, September 29, 2013

9.29.13


Lectio: : Lk 9.46-50       
                     
Meditatio: “An argument arose among the disciples about which of them was the greatest.”
Lk 9.46          

Oratio: O God, how petty we are at times!                                 

I remember Jesus’s disciples, almost immediately after  hearing of Jesus’ prediction for the second time of His Passion, had only one concern - who among them is the greatest.

Grant that I may be ever humble like a child and allow what honors come my way is not something I seek but come of their own accord, for honor and glory belong to the Lord.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
God is saying to you.

Operatio: reflect on "argument... greatest”; how sad that the disciples at the time when Jesus was perhaps most in need of their support, were concerned about positions of honor. In prayer ask for the grace to be like a child, one who has no rights and who is totally dependent on others with respect to honors which may come my way in life; knowing that all that I am and all that I may become is a gift of God to me.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 9.51-56      

No comments:

Post a Comment