Sunday, September 8, 2013

9.08.13



Lectio:  Lk 6.6-11                                                                                                        

Meditatio: “On another sabbath he went into the synagogue and taught, and there was a man there whose right hand was withered.” Lk 6.6        

Oratio: O God, Your Son came to reveal what You want of us and not what men over the ages thought you wanted.

I remember Jesus healed a man on the sabbath in front of the religious leaders in a synagogue and made it clear that their man-made rule that curing or healing on a sabbath was work and forbidden to do on the sabbath was not God’s way or rule.

Grant that I always strive to learn and apply the way that God wants me to act and interact and to always remember that all of His Laws and all that His prophets revealed are summed up in the Great Law of Love and thus I have an easily understood frame of reference for acting in times of doubt.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what
 God is saying to you..

Operatio: reflect on "taught...withered”; Jesus had the authority and used it in His teachings for our good and sad to say the ones who should have welcomed it, the religious leaders, resented it; grant that I may always be opened to God’s ways and especially as it is revealed in my following the Great Law of Love in my daily life; for then, I will be given God what He desires and deserves

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 6.12-19                  

No comments:

Post a Comment