Saturday, June 4, 2011

1.04.11

Lectio: Jn 17.1-11a

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.” Jn 17.3

"O God, in Your kindness You ordained that we mortals, would have eternal life begin in the here and the now.

I remember Jesus in His prayer to You, declared that eternal life is to know You and Him.
Grant that I may show that I know both of You by loving both of You and all others as I love myself so that I may enjoy life with both of You now.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on Jesus’ declaration of eternal life - To know, means to love; to love means to submit one’s will to the beloved. The formula is easy the doing is not. But with God’s grace we can attain the greatest of grace, eternal life.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 16.29-33

No comments:

Post a Comment