Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6.07.11

Lectio: Jn 17.11b-19

"And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.” Jn 17.19
"O God, You are the source of truth and You know that the truth will set us free.
I remember Jesus consecrated Himself in truth so that we may also be dedicated to truth.
Grant that I may imitate the dedication of Your Son for truth who died rather than deny it.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on truth - Why is the knowing of the truth so important? Do I realize that at my baptism I was anointed with chrism and thereby dedicated to a life like Your Son lived and thus I, too, have been consecrated in truth and I, too, must live it.

Tomorrow’s reading: Jn 17.20-26

No comments:

Post a Comment