Sunday, June 12, 2011

6.12.11

Lectio: Mt 5.38-42

"But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on [your] right cheek, turn the other one to him as well.” Mt 5.39

"O God, You know the dark side of our nature and You want us to master it.
I remember Jesus taught that we should not retaliate when we are hurt and would be a major step in curbing this evil instinct within us.
Grant that I may repay hate with love as I ought and as You desire.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on vengeance - It is an automatic prompt within which does not stop the evil but keeps it going. Resolve to be a peace maker and readily forgive and let go of the hurt, even if I cannot forget it and the Trinity will be pleased and well served by me.
Tomorrow’s reading: Mt 5.43-48

No comments:

Post a Comment